General Information and Eligibility
- The Computer-based Business Studies Course is a two year programme which commences in September and continues until June each year.
- The Course is free.
- Course Materials are provided.
- Meal and Travel Allowances are provided.
- Eligible participants who are already in receipt of a social welfare payment will receive an allowance equivalent to their social welfare payment.
- Learners under 26 who move from an age related reduced rate of Jobseekers Allowance will receive a rate of €193 per week
- Childcare support is available through the CETS Scheme.
- A Guidance and Counselling service is also provided to all VTOS participants.
- Participants can also work part-time during their time off, at evenings and weekends without loss of benefit.
You are eligible for VTOS if you are:
Aged 21 or over
In receipt of one of the following Social Welfare payments for at least six months:
Job Seekers Allowance/Benefit
One Parent Family
Disability Allowance/Illness Benefit*
Blind Persons Pension
Prisoners Wives Allowance
Signing for Credits
A Dependant Spouse
*People receiving illness benefit should first contact their Social Welfare Office about exemption to the continuation of their illness benefit payment.
*People in receipt of statutory redundancy but not in receipt of a qualifying payment for the required period may participate on VTOS after being made redundant.